Key worker children will be contacted by text or telephone tomorrow 5/1/21 to confirm a place at school for the lockdown period. An update will be emailed to all families tomorrow following the announcement from the Scottish Government this afternoon.
We hope you enjoy ‘coorieing-in’ with lots of stories over the holidays. Here is one of our favourites…
Miss Richardson has some craft ideas for you to make your own Gruffalo family at home!
This booklet has lots of ideas for ‘coorieing in’ for the winter break including recipes and crafts.
On 26 December, Level 4 COVID-19 restrictions will come into force for mainland Scotland.
This means that there are changes to the start of next term for children and young people.
School will be closed for most pupils.
There will be support for children of key workers at their own school/nursery IF both parents/carers meet the criteria – read Scottish Government guidance on key workers.
All parents will receive an email about this on 22 December. If you meet the criteria, please apply online for a place by 3
Your child’s school will confirm places on 5 January. Schools will also contact families to offer places for vulnerable children.
Remote / online learning for all other pupils, at home.
Children of key workers and vulnerable children can continue to attend their own school if they have a place.
If your child attends a Special School, the Head Teacher will contact you by 6 January with the arrangements for that school for w/c 11 January.
All pupils return to school, unless further changes are announced by the Scottish Government.
When pupils return to school
When children return to school, it is essential that everyone follows infection control measures, especially:
face coverings (where appropriate) hand-washing
two-metre distancing where possible.
Please see the information below…
Tollcross Primary will be providing child care for the children of Key Worker from the 6th January 2021.
If your child attends Tollcross Primary and you are a Key Worker please use the link below to apply for a place for your child by 11.45 p.m. on 3rd January 2021.
Use this link to apply for a Key Worker place at Tollcross Primary –
The Scottish Government have published new guidance regarding schools reopening in January which includes updated information on Key Worker status.
Use this link to check if you are a Key Worker –
Places will be confirmed by 5th January 2021
Following the announcement by the Scottish Government we will share plans with our school community as soon as we can. We will continue to support our school community and do our very best for our children and their families.
We all had festive fun at our whole school Christmas Crafternoon 🎄
Click here to follow the link
Covid-19 Arrangements over Christmas and New Year
In order to ensure we are able to support families who may test positive over Christmas and New Year, we have put in place arrangements that will allow us to work with Health Protection Lothian to identify potential close contacts in schools. In order for this to be most effective, we are asking you to support us.
ALL SCHOOL SETTINGS (Early Years, Primary, Special and Secondary)
- Please report any absence to your child’s school so we can keep our records up to date
- If your child is symptomatic with any of the following symptoms, please do not send them to school
- a new continuous cough.
- A new continuous cough is where you have a new cough that’s lasted for an hour have had three or more episodes of coughing in 24 hours and are coughing more than usual.
- and/or a fever/high temperature
- A high temperature is feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back (you don’t need to measure your temperature). You may feel warm, cold or shivery
- a new continuous cough.
- During the school holidays, if your child has had a positive test result for Covid-19 please call 0131 200 2000 to let us know.
SECONDARY SCHOOLS ONLY
- Over the Christmas period if your child is symptomatic, they will be asked to identify who their close contacts were within a set timescale by the Test and Protect Team.
- As this may mean looking at days your child was in school, we will be asking them to note the names of their close contacts in every class. This will be written down at the start of each new period (only once for double periods)
- On Thursday 17th, Friday 18th, Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd, your child will be asked to record the names of those pupils who are their immediate close contacts. They will bring that information home with them.
- If your child does test positive, they may be asked to identify the close contacts on their lists. This depends on the day they first displayed Covid-19 symptoms. This will support the team to contact other pupils and staff who may need to self-isolate.
- PLEASE, can you support us and your child by checking with your child(ren) that they have brought the information home with them and it is kept in a safe place for easy access.
EARLY YEARS, PRIMARY, SPECIAL
As your child(ren) is in the same class or bubble the school will share attendance information with the Health Protection Team so they can identify and notify close contacts. Your child(ren) does not need to do anything further. Thank you for your continued support.
Here is some key information about the P7 Benmore Camp if you were not able join the meeting this week. Next week we will email you some more information and you can let us know if your child is coming to camp. Please get in touch if you have any questions. 🏕
Thank you to our P6 class for their wonderful animated assembly this morning. Creative and innovative use of digital media to tell the story of the wonderful city we all call home. Click on the link below to watch.